• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

Women In Film Foundation Film Finishing Fund

Try saying that 3 times. :)

http://www.wif.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=114&Itemid=88

Applications are now being accepted for the 2010
grant cycle for the WIF Foundation Film Finishing Fund

The application period is March 23 - April 30, 2010,
with winners notified August 15, 2010.

The Women In Film Foundation’s Film Finishing Fund (WIFF FFF) supports films by, for or about women by providing cash grants of up to $15,000 and in-kind services. The new grant cycle is currently open and WIFF FFF is accepting submissions. Filmmakers who are eligible can find more information through our online application.

Good stuff! (I wonder if a cleaned up "Delivery Day" would qualify for entry ;)

Seriously, this is great stuff.

Thanks for the tips! I hadn't even thought about playing the sex card. Great call :)

I've got something in mind, but I've only got about 12 pages written.... maybe a deadline is all I need.

Thanks for the encouragement, Bird! :) It is about a woman, so it qualifies.....going to check this out-just needs some cleaning up.

I think you should go for it, Dreadylocks! Give each other moral support! :)

My pleasure, Dreadylocks and Tinalera. :) Don't forget about you home state arts boards, they usually give out annual awards to individual artists. Creative Capital is another resource, but I'm not sure what's going on with their deadlines this year. http://creative-capital.org/

:) @H.Z. & Zen.

A few more:
All Roads Seed Grant Program

http://events.nationalgeographic.com/events/all-roads/seed-grants/

The All Roads Seed Grant Program funds film projects by and about indigenous and underrepresented minority-culture filmmakers year-round and from all reaches of the globe. The program seeks filmmakers who bring their lives and communities to light through first-person storytelling. Submission deadlines are quarterly on the 15th of each March, June, September, and December. Award notifications are made approximately six weeks after each of these dates.

Panavision New Filmmaker Equipment Grant Program

http://www.panavision.com/students.php

Panavision’s New Filmmaker Program

What Is It?

Panavision’s New Filmmaker Program is an ongoing grant program. Through this program, Panavision donates the use of 16mm or 35mm motion picture camera equipment to filmmakers who are making Public Service Announcements, Showcase Reels, “Low-Budget” Independent Features or any other type of Short, Non-Profit film.

The New Filmmaker Program has four 16mm and two 35mm cameras which have been set aside from the rental pool and are permanently attached to the program. These cameras are rotated from production to production, with time allotted for camera service and maintenance between shows.

How Does It Work?

To have your project considered for the New Filmmaker Program, you must submit a complete proposal to the program. This proposal is then reviewed and a decision is made as to whether or not the proposal meets Panavision’s standards and scheduling requirements...

ITVS Funding

http://www.itvs.org/producers/funding.html (LINCS Program, they also have an Open Call category but the deadline has past.)

LINCS

Deadline: June 18, 2010

LINKING INDEPENDENTS AND CO-PRODUCING STATIONS (LINCS) provides matching funds (up to $100,000) to partnerships between public television stations and independent producers. To apply for LINCS funds, independents must first approach a public television station and establish a partnership. Single documentaries and innovative genre combinations will be considered. Projects must have begun production as evidenced by a work-in-progress tape.

* Guidelines
* Building a LINCS Partnership
* How to Apply
* Budget Summary and Line-Item Budget Template
* FAQ

Have additional questions about LINCS? Email Jonathan_Archer@itvs.org or call Jonathan Archer at 415-356-8383 x284.

Jerome Foundation New York City and Minnesota residents only eligible.

http://www.jeromefdn.org/IV~Grant_Programs/A~General_Program_Grants/Default.aspx

The Jerome Foundation operates a production grant program for individual film and video artists. This program serves artists who work in the genres of experimental, narrative, animation, and documentary production. It does not support installation, new media, or interactive work, which are subsidized in other Foundation programs. It also does not support commercial, industrial, informational, or educational work. Approximately $101,000 is available for grants in 2010. THE APPLICATION DEADLINE FOR THE 2010 MINNESOTA FILM AND VIDEO GRANT PROGRAM IS FRIDAY, MAY 21, 2010. Proposals must be postmarked on or before that date to be eligible. Please be certain that your application is mailed from a location that prints a postmark date on the envelope. Applications in envelopes without a postmark date that are received after the deadline date will not be accepted. Proposals may be hand-delivered to the Jerome Foundation office. The Foundation will be open from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. on the deadline date of May 21. Hand-delivered applications will not be accepted after 4:30

The Jerome Foundation operates a grant program for individual media artists who reside within the five boroughs of New York City. Street addresses are preferred; however, Post Office boxes are acceptable, but only when proof of residency is also provided (such as a valid driver's license, or photocopies of utility bills mailed to the applicant).

Also, not to be redundant, but I think for those of us filmmakers working in Documentary and *arty* genres, fiscal sponsorship might be a worthwhile avenue as the majority of private and public funders grant specifically to non-profits organizations, and not individuals.

Back