• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch help! my funny mountain dew commercial

I thought it was funny, good idea. Living in Utah I think I'd get more than others. The one thing I'd work on is sound. Definitely get an external recorder and a shotgun mic for outdoors, and a hypercardioid for indoors. Read up on Alcove Audios blogs, they were incredibly helpful for me. And keep the videos coming. Good work.

Not a bad video at all, as it was said invest in a shotgun mic to capture sound better outside. It might have been a little more epic if there was a stare down before they both went for the last can and then fought over it a little bit. It felt kinda rushed....i know it's a commercial but it was kinda short for one. But that's just my opinion.

Thanks

I just got a rode shotgun mic for my camera, I can't afford the zoom yet. 30 seconds just didn't seem long enough to get a story told but it was a good way to learn. Thanks for the input.

Thanks for making me laugh, great concept!:)

From a video standpoint (the audio being mentioned) -very minor, and just suggestions if you are planning shooting additional footage

I don't know if you shot it, but the "theres a way to settle this", I would have a dramatic close up on the speaker, before panning to the next shot.

Maybe have the shooter grab the can of soda as the holds his arms and says "I'll split it with ya" :)

Otherwise, I like the concept, definitely caught my attention! :)

Thanks for the input

This was to help us see how long 30secs really is, I appreciate all the input. I did shoot it, on my 7D, so any Photography comments would be appreciated as well.

Depending on how much has been shot, 30 seconds is either an eternity if you undershot, or too quick if you overshoot(which is better to do anyway IMO :))

Over, the look was good and the lighting (to me) seemed good.

I was also thinking last night, you don't even need to show the guy getting shot. Show the can on the head shot, followed by the pulling back of the bow, and freeze with a "stamp" of a title card on the screen "BAD IDEA" followed by a narrator saying something about going to the store for more.

Sorry, this is YOUR commercial, and I feel like I'm taking it over:lol: I just like the concept of it.

hahaha i felt the same way when i put my input in. This is what i WOULD do but you don't have to do it my way because it's YOUR commercial. But I think we are thinking the same thing tin.

A few notes from "the good, the bad, the ugly" as they realize there's only one can left, cut the bits where they dive for the can in the bowl of ice and replace with close up establishing shots of the protagonists faces glaring at each other: "There's only one way to settle this" then cut to the outside bit.

Outside, after the second arrow shot, add "I'll get it this time" from bow and arrow man who pulls out a high powered fire arm (.357, double barrel shotgun, something big and beefy) and lets loose on victim.

cut the end scene of victim with arrows in him, just use product logo and voice over. Voice over needs to be meaner and beefy, more Dirty Harry-ish.

===
The concept as is is funny as all get go. Tightening it up and taking it up another level (fire arms) would increase this style of humor a bit...

However, I doubt this could be made commercially viable, Way to violent for msm.

Back