• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Reverse motion

Interesting video, but it honestly is just video going backwards of various day to day activities.

I ponder if the true trick to reverse motion is to film the action in such a way that when you pay it backwards (making speed adjustments as necessary) one would not know it was filmed in reverse?

or

Using reverse video in a story-line to show incongruency with the normal flow of time.

Interesting video, but it honestly is just video going backwards of various day to day activities.

I ponder if the true trick to reverse motion is to film the action in such a way that when you pay it backwards (making speed adjustments as necessary) one would not know it was filmed in reverse?

or

Using reverse video in a story-line to show incongruency with the normal flow of time.

I like that idea. Maybe for example have someone walking through a field(normal), and film the bare field. Then seperately shoot with the same shot kicking a ball in the field, or whatever. Stack the frames and reverse the ball frames, so that it would look like he's watching himself kick a ball backwards-playing with ideas like that.

The One I've seen that can be done well is in low budget action flicks. Reverse punching, if done right looks pretty good with the right sound effect, and the chance of hurting the actor is much, much, less.

I thought this was a pretty cool effect when I found it. Not sure what you could do with it other than abstract stuff though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yy8dO4DIf_o

Well your in Newfoundland so if you still have snow up there (Ontario doesn't have a speck of white left) you could do video (or time-lapse) of snow melting or other such neat tricks, then reverse that. Or if your near a shore, reverse waves or birds flying backwards etc. Things which look cool going backwards but until the pinnacle point most people assume it running at normal speeds.

@dreadylocks - yeah that is a good example of the neat things you can do, another is the faux-bounce where your talent does something and at a point you reverse the film 1/2 way and it looks like something "bounced".

Back