• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Obito - My first short film

Hello everyone!

This is my first short film directing, running at 10 minutes. It was part of a challenge and we had a week to make a silent film. We made a silent horror flick. I tried to make it as professional as posible regarding equipment and crew. We used a P2 to film it.

Any info, opinions or critique would be very appretiated.

Thank you!

http://www.vimeo.com/10348039

Dude, I really liked the production quality of the short. It looked really cool. great job on that. DP was pretty neat. I felt that the acting was a little shabby at places.

Where did you shoot this short? The house was bang on. It could nt have been better. Congrats on this.

Dude, I really liked the production quality of the short. It looked really cool. great job on that. DP was pretty neat. I felt that the acting was a little shabby at places.

Where did you shoot this short? The house was bang on. It could nt have been better. Congrats on this.

Thank you for your reply!!! It was filmed in Puerto Rico on a friends abandoned lake house. Disney used it for a movie they filmed here also.

wow! really good! for a first time its must be hard to get your message out in silence! the only complaint i can make is that when they guy pours the drink there is only a little bit in the cup but then when the shot changes to the other guy picking it up it is half full. lol. but thats just being picky. Nice.
Callum :->

EDIT: also when the people are exploring they have flashlights and lanterns when it is daylight and they can clearly see. but that could be because your camera wasnt good in low light or sumthin.

haha yeah that was a continuity problem hehehe...

The lighting was a mix of the camera not being that good in lowlight (shot with an HVX 200) plus the color grading raised the lighting alot.

awesome film my friend, very glad your apart of the boards...if your ever in the market for a film scorer I am an aspiring one myself. If interested, Id love to send you some samples, let me know

Doug McCarthy
duugfresh@gmail.com

I think there are some really nice shots and moves in the film. I also like a good portion of the lighting (albeit a few flatly lit scenes). Overall it has a really nice look to it...there just needs to be a little refinement. The music was well placed also...it set the mood, tone and suspense really well.

I think for a competition it's a nice job and some good practice. Now I'd very much like to see you take on acting, dialog, sound design.

Good looking actors also...very marketable. :)

ps. I noticed the over-poured glass also. One of the reasons it was so noticeable was because the previous shot held on the glass for so long and then the next shot we instantly saw the glass again...the brain couldn't miss it.

Nice work.

Last edited:
Hey dude, I just finished it, and I really liked it. I thought it looked great, the lighting in some of the shots was awesome. The only complaint I really had was some of the acting. Other than that, great film.

thanks for your replys!!! Regarding the over poured glass, the reason it had so much was that the handheld shot of the glass was the last shot of that setup and I was more involved in how the camera movement was played rather than the shot in itself, my fault for not noticing it.

Back