• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Short Film - Back to the Fuhrer

I wasn't sure what to expect, but I liked it.

Good concept.
Some nice shots, locations and props.
Good make up.
Decent editing and music choice.
Solid ending.

-Thanks-

LOL! Hilarious concept and a lot of really funny shots and ideas within the piece. There were (only) a couple shots where I noticed lighting, the one I can remember was that the cafe was dark, maybe a shot of the side of him(you) would have been better so the windows wouldn't be behind the subject.
You did a great job on the make-up but one tip when doing old-age stuff, the hands are the biggest giveaway of someone's real age(they don't really have plastic surgery for hands, it would seem), so don't forget to have some wrinkles and liver spots on those babies, too.
But yeah, I loved it, I hope it does well for you at the fest/comp!

Thanks guys!
I thought the restaurant scene was too dark aswell, but included it because it was too late to go back and redo.
Still, I've learnt from my mistake which is always good.
Hopefully, it starts to get some decent feedback on youtube soon.

I think the link is relevant enough to post to the Mel Brooks facebook page that I admin. You should be expecting another 5-700 hits. Most of the comments will be on FB so if you want to see some feedback, just hit up the Mel Brooks fan page.

I actually liked that he was blown out in the restaurant scene.

Felt like visual subtext of him now being out of the spotlight and a just faceless old man with
the world passing behind him. I think it works.

-Thanks-

Back