• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Darkness Creature - 2 Minute Short Film

Now see...

I thought this was fun. From viewing it one time I am guessing it's a creature that moves through the dark, correct? If that's the case, there are a lot of kinks but doesn't mean that they can't be ironed out.

I thought the acting was good. I can see this being a scene of a longer film. Would definitely spend 5 bucks or 10 bucks to buy this thing if it were ever released to dvd.

Things that I didn't like. The sex scene in the car. It's not that I didn't like it, I just didn't like the humor elements about it. Didn't like the overdubbed music playing and then cutting to him on top of the girl. You're going for suspense in this scene. I would keep it suspenseful and cut out that comedy. Just my opinion...

Good luck!

It was fun. And I would categorize this as a film so bad it's good. Trust me, that's better than a straight-up bad film. Let's face it, the production value is extremely low...and technically it looks like home video...but the cliched aspect, the couple having sex...entertainment value!

:) I'd like to see what you guys could do with more budget and care taken in camera and lighting.

Thanks for the feedback guys! I really appreciate it. : )

So bad it's good huh? Not really what I was going for for what you guys got out of the movie but hey, who am I to tip the boat right? As long as you guys like it, I'm happy!

I guess shooting on hi8 wasn't such a good idea, so next time I'll make sure to shoot on miniDV.

Keep the feedbacks coming!

HI8 is not that far from DV quality (420 vs. 525 compressed). In fact, I shot KILLER'S LAIR on regular video 8 (just 240 lines) and it still looks decent on a big TV.

DARKNESS CREATURE reminds me of the beginning of FEAST, especially with the freeze frames and the name text. I wouldn't say it is bad at all, especially compared to other guerrilla movies. The editing is good and I was immediately sucked into what was happening, which is not something I can say about.....most indie stuff.

I agree with an earlier comment - if this was a feature, I would buy the DVD.

I'm not 100% in love with this or maybe don’t get it as a short, but as a partial sequence or as a scene I have likes and dislikes. (Or am I misunderstanding, and this is just the teaser?)

I like: The camera work, acting and editing.

I really like: What seems a horror fans understanding of low budget horror that doesn’t try to be something more than what it is.

Some of the key shots create the entertaining “charm” I love in low budget horror like Troma and maybe Silent Night Deadly Night. I just don’t find that "charm" nearly enough in lower budget stuff, and while this isn’t "perfect", to me it does very much hit that entertaining mark.

As far as the Hi 8 goes, I think it fits it really well. I am tired of low or micro budget stuff that looks really clean, it steals it's soul in a way. I don't know how to describe as well as others can, but from the 1st frame of this I knew what I was getting into, and it delivered on that in a favorable way.

I didn’t like: The music at all, and the names over the freeze frames.

I wish it had: John Carpenter type lower budget horror synth music.

An ending where the lights go off in the car, then a flashlight comes on and everyone is dead except one of the girls (Meaning the creature got into the car), then the flashlight dies or begins to die. (Or some ending with more impact or implications.)

While I'm not 100% in love with what it is ( if in fact it is a short), but I do really like what it might be as a longer full storyline. I also agree, if it were full lenght I would be into it for a few bucks on DVD.

-Thanks-

Last edited:
I guess I should change the name from Short Film to movie Teaser than shouldn't I?

It's really cool that you guys would be interested in the film as a full-length! Maybe with this teaser I can use it to get some funding to make a feature, which is what I was trying to do in the first place-so it's awesome to hear that you guys would be interested in watching it.

: )

Thanks for all the help guys!

Back