• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Space Bugs - 5 minute horror short

Freakin AWESOME! I love space bugs!

Another success made possible in no small part by Andrew Kramer.

Great low light work...
What did you shot it on?
How did you get that crane shot from the street to the 2nd story window?
What did you spend on this production?

:)

Thanks you both for the input. A couple answers for Wheatgrinder.

It was shot on a Canon XHA1 with the Letus Adapter (the bulk of it)
with the exception of the Bug POV shots which I used an old standard def camera for.

I made a bunch of different rigs including a 16ft pole which I mounted the camera to and then ran towards the 2nd story of the house with.

The real trick was using FCP's smoothcam to smooth out the shot. It really helped sell the motion.

Total budget was under $100

how many ways can you blow somebody up?

It would be a blast just trying to come up with enough ways to kill people to fill 90 minutes. I can certainly think of noises around my house that I wish would go 'boom'

I loved it, Jesse! You seem to be a natural with putting a scene together - great POVs, choice of angles, etc. Even your credits rock. I would classify this as what Hitchcock said about painting - It's not the subject you are painting, but how you paint the subject. You could probably make almost any subject interesting, because you're a good communicator.

It's funny you should mention Hitchcock. I stole the credit style from Saul Bass who did most, if not all, Hitch's credit sequences. In fact, the font is called Hitchcock. Glad you liked it. Thanks for watching.

That was an awesome five minutes. The ending was perfect also. Those were a lot of awesome effects and just a cool premise that was executed perfectly. Cool title sequences too.

Back