Sanyo Xacti gc10

Does anyone know about this little camera? Its an open box special at the local RS for just over 100 (it does have all the parts to it, nothing missing)
Anyway I like it because its small enough to attach to a tripod mounted on my bike and I can take in my bag - and its hd.

The salesperson knows little about the product only it doesn't come with editing software and that you can edit the footage on the camera itself before downloading it. I read someplace that it doesn't work well with windows movie maker. I have Windows Vista.

I do have Sony Vegas. Don't know if I would be able to download the footage to Vegas and edit there.

Oh yeah, the salesguy also said you cannot edit the sound on the camera, what you record is what you record and thats it. I went to youtube to check it out but all they have is a bunch of people testing the camera and taking it out of the box (wowee). Tons of people taking the thing out of the box but nothing on what happens with the footage afterward.

Anyway thanks again for any replies!

Last edited:
i have one, i wouldn't actually film a project on it but i think it's a pretty nice little camera. it fit's in my pocket and it shoots very nice in 720 (unless your in low light) you can import the footage just like any other camera. It has all manual settings witch is very nice. I think it's the ideal "home video" camera and it takes great stills. It's nice on set for like art department pictures or on location scouting, stuff like that. I like it a lot and i would probably have shot my shorts on it if i had one before i had access to HD cameras.

Thanks. I picked it up today. It took nice footage of the beach were the tide ripped a bridge apart. Anyway the camera is small enough to fit in my bag and I don't need any fancy tripods to hold it since its so lightweight.

How do I save the footage I have taken though? When I plug the camera into my computor the images come up. I can drag them to Sony Vegas and fool around with them but how to I save them?

Thanks.

if you go into the advance menu you can set hot keys on the little arrow thing. for instance up sets the manual focus, left gives me ISO, and down gives me my shutter and iris.

Just copy them into a new folder on your computer, or a new folder on an external hard drive.

(Just bear with me here, thanks)

So when I finish doing whatever it is I intend to do, I click edit on the upper left corner where there is a choice to copy and then that will let me copy it someplace?

Also on the audio bit, does it have the ability to record my voice without deleting the sound already in the footage? Basically I wanted to talk over the sound that is part of the footage (that being the sound of the ocean and the seagulls).
They do have instructions but I seemed to be able to record my voice but deleting the original sound.

Back