digital harinezumi 2

does anyone here know anything about this little cam?

i just found out about it today, its a tiny digital camera that takes stills and video, the picture is similar to lomography stills like from the holga and diana cameras. some of the video samples look pretty reminiscent of 8mm, which, for me, is very cool since i love the look of old crappy film but i love the simplicity of digital even more.

all the footage i found online is just sample stuff of people walking around pointing it everywhere. some of it seems really blurry, and lo fi and an unattractive way, but some of the shots are beautiful and i wonder how it would feel if used in a short film or something. it also records sound, which is surprising. but not surprising, it sucks :rolleyes:

the camera itself is reasonably cheap also, $180

here's a sample vid, one of many, not necessarily the best one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epBlB3hipdM

Thanks. I like it, has some cool imagery. It doesn't look like film though, it tends to "posterize" in and out, which is a group of pixels will all become one color, for lack of a better description.

I guess i gave the camera too much credit for looking like 8mm, because it's obviously much different. but for a digital camera that is less than $200, i think it's a pretty interesting little toy. idk if i would rather use this or a vhs camcorder. hmmmm..:hmm:

When making a short there is so much more to take
into consideration than some uploaded shots on the
internet. I've shot some really cool looking footage
with my little Kodak M763. It has a mic, too.

I'd love to see a short made with one of these little
cameras. I've thought of doing it with the Kodak just
to prove (or disprove) that it can be done. There are
a lot of limitations when shooting with a camera
designed for everyday, webcam/youtube use. But I
bet it could be done.

It reminds me of a PXL 2000. Good for experimental film/music vids, but yeah, would need looking into to see if they work for broadcast/projection of course.

I'd love to see a short made with one of these little
cameras.

My father-in-law got me one of those little Flip cameras for Christmas. Right now I'm storyboarding a little short I plan to shoot this spring with it, with the sole intention of proving (or disproving) it can be done.

Superheadz Digital Harinezumi 2 Camera

Average Price: $169.99

Features
Digital Harinezumi 2 is a new movie camera designed by Superheadz in Tokyo. The image sensor has been customized to offer a quality that is reminiscent of Super 8 films. It shoots movies at standard VGA resolution (640x480). The designers have left out the sound recording function just like the Super 8 cameras, as well as the live-view when taking pictures to bring back the unexpected to digital photography. The Digital Harinezumi uses an external microSD card and is powered by a replaceable CR2 battery.

Specs
Resolution: 3 MegaPixel
Recording resolution: still picture: 1600×1200 or 320×240, video: 640 × 480
Film sensitivity: 100/800
Lens: Normal : about 1m to infinity Macro: about 10cm
File Format: Still Picture: JPEG Video: AVI (25fps)
Memory: Micro SD Card (Up to 2GB; Sold Separately)
Display: (Width) 3.3cm (Height) 2.5cm
Body: (Length) about 9cm (Height) about 3cm (Width) about 3.5cm

Imported from Japan.

Visit Superheadz' Official Harinezumi Website.

thanks for the specs indietalk.

on a comment i saw posted by a harinezumi user, he said the camera could support up to 16gb sd cards, but to "be safe" use a 4 or 8 gig.

the more i see about this thing, the more i want to play :D

Oh yeah I would never use on onboard mic for anything pro. It's just a bonus, since it's a little camera, you can use it for little stuff, non-professional.

It's a cool effect...upon first viewing the OP's YouTube link I was immediately reminded of "The Wonder Years" as well as my early childhood backyard experiments.

Back