DVDs for Review

I am finishing up my Primal Quest Badlands DVD. It is a look at the racers in a 600 mile, 10 day adventure race. I know that 90% of my sales will be to the racers, friends, and family. I feel I should send some copies for review to some of the Adventure Racing websites. My question. Should I send the full package, printed DVD in a Amaray case and press kit? Or should I just send a DVD and press kit? It is just a matter of money and not that much. Do you think the packaging effects the review?

I review movies and for me getting just a screener does not affect the rating. Don't get me wrong it's nice to have the whole and sometimes a loner review can be written from the press info but I don't think it will affect the outcome of many reviewers reviews.

If you want me to review let me know and I will tell ya where to send it. Be warned I am brutally honest in my reviews.

Yes, presentation is everything. It shows that you are serious. DVD in case with artwork and whatever else they ask for. Sometimes nothing. Sometimes a bio and picture or one-sheet with all the info.

I didn't say it affects the rating, but if you want it to be reviewed from the pile of DVDs that are in the storage closet at some of these places, you need a nice presentation.

My gut feeling is a nice presentation. It won't be much money. They will be going to people in the Adventure Racing community just to get the word out. It is one of those movies that if you aren't part of,you will be bored.
Thanks for the input. If it makes a difference in how many I sell i will post the info.

Well I love documentaries so I may not be bored. I would still be willing to give it a review. If you don't think someone who isn't into that scene wont like it you should really send them a copy to get true criticism. Got a website were I can check out a clip or read up on it?

Back