NEW Canon T2i

I'm not sure when this was announced but I just read that Canon is coming out with the Rebel T2i. I have been wanting the 7d so bad but its out of my range, I was going to settle on the t1i but it lacks some features, but now I will be waitin for the t2i which has the same 18mp sensor as 7d, records video in 24p (thank god!) 25 and 30. improved battery, sdxc support, and $900 for a lense kit.

here is the link i got all this info from
http://www.pcworld.com/article/188792/canon_eos_rebel_t2i_invites_upgrade_from_pointandshoot.html/

I'm creaming.

I was just reading up on this - sounds very promising! Would be nice to have more options for frame rate at 720 p (60 and 50 only?) BUT this sounds great for the price.

I'm very interested to know - does anyone have any experience at all, using this??? Anyone know the general pitfalls or advantages of this camera?

I was just reading up on this - sounds very promising! Would be nice to have more options for frame rate at 720 p (60 and 50 only?) BUT this sounds great for the price.

I'm very interested to know - does anyone have any experience at all, using this??? Anyone know the general pitfalls or advantages of this camera?

well they finally put 24p mode under 1080p, so having that available idk why you would ever need to use 720? i guess if you were trying to use less storage, which i think canon could care less about.

also i dont think anyone has experience with this cam because as far as i know it's still not released. but the body of the t1i, is pretty much the same, this is just like an upgraded version.

The reason people would use 720p would be for internet videos and smaller files to edit. My laptop could handle 720p pretty decently (might still freeze up with high bitrates though!), but 1080p is waaay out of the question. However, since I plan to buy a powerful iMac anyway, that really wouldn't affect me so much.

It's a shame they don't have 24p for 720p...or 60fps for 1080p!

Even with those limitations, I've seen great videos come from this camera. Enough so that I know it's the camera for me to start out with (there's no beating the $900 price tag). I could record in full HD and down-convert to 720p for the web and editing. That would make the 720p 60p frame rate mode easily accessible for me, too, which is great because I have plans for slow-motion scenes for a film. I imagine everyone else will do the same thing to get around that small limitation. There's always a way! :)

Most of the test shots I've seen with these get pretty strong aliasing on diagonal edges and rolling shutter seems a little more evident than on the 7D and 5D. Small sensor also gives a bit wider field (more like the 7D, less like the 5D), but that suits me just fine. I miss the days when folks mixed deep focus into their work. Physically it is also less sturdy than the 7 or 5 series cameras.

That said, I hope to buy one anyway because for <$1K it's an awesome still camera and a very good HD video camera and the 7D is still out of my realistic budget range. Besides, with the single CPU the T2i won't have the same heat issues as the 7D anyway.

Last edited:
Back