• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Monkey Blindness (my personal editing nightmare)

This is something that I put together during a day in my holidays. The story was written the same morning, with the intention to be simple and no complex plots... to say something about it.

The footage I had was pretty bad as I had to also be helped by children, which means entertain them.
And we couldn't do anything about lighting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PHiWJrHeCg

This is the first film I edited myself. I used adobe premiere, just a nightmare.
So you will find some flaws in there. I also had to use some transitions to avoid issues from the footage been seen.

And the whole soundtrack is added, the original soundtrack was completely removed. This made my job even harder.
Partly this was because the kids were talking ALL the time.

Also tried to apply a filter to look less digital... but not so happy with that either.

At least the film is shorter than this intro :)
And it costed me 0$!!!

Feedback is welcome

Last edited:
I honestly enjoyed watching that all the way through, I mean sure it lacked a lot of good technical aspects but I found myself laughing pretty hard at our vengeful monkey friend.

I used adobe premiere, just a nightmare.

What did you find difficult about it? Also, which version. Just curious.

Movie was fine, dude. Stop apologising for it.

It's no Citizen Kane, but I bet all the kids who helped you make it think it's the greatest flick ever... and that's worth more than any Oscar. :cool:

I liked it. :)

Thanks, I have updated the link with an improved version with the right framerate. I didn't realised that I had the footage in 60i and not 30p, so that's why it was not so good. But now it should seen more as intended.

I used adobe premiere pro cs4, probably too pro for me. Still it allowed me to correct lots of things that a less professional software wouldn't allow. I had lots of very dark sequences, and then very bright ones...

The worst of adobe premiere is the stability, it kept crashing for no reason. Also the rendering would crash. So much that I had to render each scene as a separate sequence and then join them. I had to save my project every 5 minutes to make sure I didn't lost everything. I got a decent PC with 4 Gb of RAM, so it shouldn't crash for no reason.

And what I found the most tedious was to choose the project framerate and format to work and how this would influence the output regardless of the format I chose to export.

Still it was good to play with lots of additional parameters to adjust things, but took so long to get just a 2 min film done!

Back