• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Good Royalty free music websites, anyone?

Hi,

I'm looking for some good music websites to add some atmospheric sounds to my short that I'm shooting soon, I remember checking out a French one a while back but have lost the bookmark on another computer. Anyone any suggestions on good sites that could fit the bill?

kd

Take a look in the classifieds section of the forums here.

More musicians than you can shake a stick at. Just a day ago, one new one announced his daily release of 365 tracks.

You should have no trouble finding what you need. :cool:

Oh, SonnyBoo.com has some tracks, too, in his download section.

Hi,

I'm looking for some good music websites to add some atmospheric sounds to my short that I'm shooting soon, I remember checking out a French one a while back but have lost the bookmark on another computer. Anyone any suggestions on good sites that could fit the bill?

kd

Hi,

I'm used to work on music backgrounds ... I prefer getting a film with the timecode and to work on it, to sending tracks just like this ... but in some cases the timing and a description of the mood/ambience you need can be enough ... check some samples on my www.laco.biz page

I recommend getting either software or analog synths and doing it yourself. It's alot safer than praying a "royalty free" website is legit and finding out otherwise 3 years down the road.

please message me on a case by case basis. i deal with over a hundred musicians, some of which are already imdb listed, and many of whom would just like to get their music in a few indie films, and would do it for nothing in royalties. my only gain is helping an artist in the process. we have over a hundred submissions a month of everything from hip hop to atmospheric to acoustic folk, and i'm not about quantity, but rather quality. these are not generic royalty free bits of "music", but rather real music that someone would be willing to go royalty free on a one time only basis.

by messaging me, i can put you in touch with several options for the genre you are looking for. as i say there is nothing in it for me, and you will be dealing directly with willing musicians. and please no home movie projects, only stuff that you intend to put out and get some visibility for.

mystonicrecords@gmail.com

Last edited:
Back