• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Feedback On My Second Short Film

Hi everyone,

I recently completed a short comedy film, titled "What Is It?". It was a project for my high school video production class. Because our team consisted of only five people, we each had to serve multiple roles. I served as co-director, co-writer, DP, editor, and had a small acting role. Overall I'm relatively happy with how it turned out, seeing how only three of us had any experience in filmmaking, and the experience we had is pretty limited. Obviously there are a lot of things that I know we could have done better, but that's how it goes. Anyway, if I could have some feedback on it, I would really appreciate it. It's a total of 12 minutes long, I had to split it in two parts because of Youtube's 10 minute length restriction.

Part One of Two: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSeECOl2Xcw
Part Two of Two: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YAjS_S45Rk

The film was shot on a Canon FS200 and edited on Corel VideoStudio Pro.

Constructive criticism only please, I admittedly still have a lot to learn about filmmaking, as do the rest of the cast/crew in the film. :)

Thanks,

Steve

I think you're doing really good, I remember my highschool film days! Try and build yourself a cheap steady cam (there are lots of DIY steadycam instructions online) And trim your footage a little more, just keep the gold and get rid of the grit. I laughed a good few times though, good times!

Adam,

Thanks for the compliments and suggestions. I have been meaning to build a cheap steadycam for awhile now and just haven't gotten around to it, but I'm going to have to do that soon before my next film.

As for trimming the footage, anything in particular that was dull that you think I should cut to make it a little smoother?

Thank you very much.

Back