Help with buying new camera lens

hi guys, i own a JVC GZ-HD3U camcorder and am looking to purchase a wide angle lens. the problem i've been trying to read up on it and it seems that the lens come in diffrent variations of thread counts. i cant seem to find out what the thread count is for my camera. can anyone help?

cant seem to find out what the thread count is for my camera.

It should be printed around the lens, on the camera.

You should see a series of numbers/info, similar to:

6.1-61mm 1:1.8 Ø43

It's the Ø43 that is the thread size, for that particular camera.

I think yours is a Ø46, so 46mm thread. Unless your camera plainly says otherwise.

When you shop for filters or lenses, you might find there are none that are exactly the size you need. If that is the case, you can get step-up (or step-down) rings that let you attach off-sizes.

Hope that helped. :cool:

Im looking at buying a new wide angle camera lens and am looking for the best bang for my buck. i'd go upwards of 60$ and ive seen much cheaper on amazon but im afraid if i buy cheap i'll get what i pay for. Any ideas on a good relatively low priced wide angle lens

additional info

46mm thread (thanks again for the help zensteve) but i can buy an adapter if need be

You’re looking for a wide angle lens adapter, not a wide angle lens - check reviews - look for distortions - all wide angle lenses have minuet distortions to figures up close – but on cheap lens adapters it may look terrible.

Back