• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Texas Director Daniel Laabs’ Short Film “North Street Bummer” Is Visual Meditation

Arlington, Texas Director Daniel Laabs’ Short Film “North Street Bummer” Is Visual Meditation On Life, Love And Leaving.

northstreetbummer_leanna_mcmillin-450x243.jpg

Film Title: North Street Bummer
Producer: Adrian Testolin
Cinematographer: Bret Curry
Editor: Henry Moore
Director: Daniel Laabs
Cast: Leanna McMillin

SHORTFILMTEXAS (SFT): What is North Street Bummer about?
DANIEL LAABS (DL): I think the plot I outlined to my cast and crew was, a girl walks across Austin, Texas with every intention to say goodbye to her present and past lovers before she leaves town only she doesn’t know how. While I often intentionally let my films be a bit ambiguous plot-wise, this was the furtherest I have ever gone. This film is not meant to tell a story, it is meant to be a visual meditation. Should someone want a story I have included a brief synopsis, but it is optional and unnecessary. For me a film can be successful in other ways.

Back