• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Bummer Summer Trailer - Feature Narrative - Cinequest

Just wanted to let everyone know that our feature film, Bummer Summer (Previously title Land of the Lost - I shared a fundraising trailer here about 9 months ago) will be premiering at CInequest Film Festival in San Jose. We're pretty excited about it. It was shot all on the 5D which we bought lost spring to shoot the film, and filmed everything in Washington and Oregon during the summer. Our budget ended up under 7,000, almost all of which went to equipment. If you feel inclined, we would love you to check out our new website to see trailers and/or more information.

Bummer Summer Site: http://www.bummersummermovie.com

Hope this is interesting,

Nandan Rao

I think the shots look great. Nice photography. I think the performance was natural between the two characters.

I felt the insert clips--like I said looked nice--but there was something missing. Maybe it was the lack of sound? Maybe it was they seemed disjointed and didn't show a progression. Maybe the different characters weren't introduced in the flash-aways...I don't know. Something was missing...

Maybe a little music could have been added...that way it sets a tone, and the flash-aways would have some sort of support system and mood enhancer.

I think the opening shot was boring...the mostly-sky and two trees barely in frame. I think you can start off with a stonger shot. Maybe if you use that shot, you should have a title or pull-quote in the sky space. Maybe through the sunroof instead...hmmm...maybe that's a terrible idea...but something more interesting that symbolizes the summer...or the bummer summer.

The last shot was awesome...with the sound of the ocean. I loved the mood and feel of it.

Good luck.

Last edited:
i respectfully disagree with m1chae1, i liked the opening shot.

there's something about successfully capturing openness/nothingness/space that really speaks to me. it definitely symbolizes a 'bummer summer' in my eyes. a beautiful bummer! i thought all of the photography was great. (although i only watched trailer #2). how can i see the finished film?

Wow, thank you guys so much for the interest!

As far as being able to see it...I will probably have to get back to you on that. We did apply to Athens, so hopefully we'll be coming to a town near you this spring. You should get in contact with us in a couple of months if you still remember and we can figure out how to answer the question...

Thanks,

Nandan

Back