How do I organize this show?

I am planning a travel adventure show to film this summer but I am a little confused. How do I begin to organize it? Do I cold call the locations first? What paperwork do I need? (Releases, contracts, etc.) This is being produced for the web and if it's good enough we will try for Broadcast TV. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I am planning a travel adventure show to film this summer but I am a little confused. How do I begin to organize it? Do I cold call the locations first? What paperwork do I need? (Releases, contracts, etc.) This is being produced for the web and if it's good enough we will try for Broadcast TV. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

This is just a few things to think and do before starting.

1. Do you have a budget? If you do. Do you have a budget to pay for locations (depending on where they are)? If it's the middle of the woods, where no one is going to see you shooting, then don't worry about it.

If you plan on shooting at certain locations, call and see what they say. Some might not let you. Others may want money. Some you may need permits for.

2. Actors. Before you shoot anything, get signed releases. I didn't and some BITCH refused to sign because she didn't like the way her hair looked. If they won't sign, fire them.

3. Don't think you're going to fix sound in post. Sound is just as important as the video.

Again this is just a few basics. But, they're important before you start shooting.

GOOD LUCK and have FUN!

Are you doing a scripted show or documentary? I live in a travel destination. Everybody here wants publicity. The locations should be easy. Ask nice and get releases. Then just keep reading here. It seems that every question has been asked or will be. Sound sound sound. I am working on my project which was a 10 day adventure race, I wasn't paying much attention to sound ONLY by good luck is my sound OK.
Good Luck

Back