• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

Producer needed, Help

Hello I have a feature length film called Growing Pains. I wrote it on Celtx and its about a group of friends in liverpool. I would call it a crime, gangster film. But it has lots of jokes and wouldn't much to make. I could easily find a cast but its a producer i really need. This film will kick start careers for many people, including myself. Thank you for reading and please get back to me for your chance to be involved in this great film.

I cant afford to, I'm a student with no money, I literally couldn't affort to even rent a half decent camera.

All i really need is to rent a camera and mic then a few hundred to buy props, i have a director and editor, I have a lead actor and a few extras. then i can get friends who are all training to be actors to be in it. after the camera and mic then im good to go

Just to be clear and help you in your quest; you are not
looking for a producer, you are looking for financing. A
producer is the person who (for a fee) is in charge of a
production. They usually don't pay for the movie, they
get paid to produce a movie.

I know it can be considered semantics, but since you
seem to be looking for someone to pay (or find money)
for to make your movie you'll need to be clear.

May I also suggest that you won't find anyone to finance
your movie here. You can find out about how to look for
money, you may even find someone who will agree to
find money for you.

All i really need is to rent a camera and mic then a few hundred to buy props, i have a director and editor, I have a lead actor and a few extras. then i can get friends who are all training to be actors to be in it. after the camera and mic then im good to go

I was typing as you posted this.

In that case you can produce it yourself. You have almost
everything you need. You can find a person with a camera
and you can find someone with audio equipment to help
you. Get your friends to all put in a few pounds to cover
props, get some of the moms to make some meals...

This is what most beginners do. I bet you can do it, too.

i think i could do it but, lets say i got a half decent camera shot it, edited it, then what. how do i make money or even just get publicity.

There are many avenues open for a completed
film.

Festivals, VOD, self distribution, distribution, four
walling. You'll find a lot of discussion and information
in the "Festival Talk" and "Distribution, Sales, &
Marketing" forums.

...and, if it's good enough to garner a distribution deal, you'll have a built in darling of a marketing story being a young broke student who wrote and produced it.

Back