• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Forrest Parker 2 trailer! 2010 (dark comedy)

Hi! Im new to IndieTalk.com So far it's been great here! If you guys have the time check out my new trailer for my film "Forrest Parker 2". It's about a dancer who seeks revenge for a fallen friend. It's a dark comedy.. and VERY sexual. The trailer is very PG-13. Anyways! It would be great to hear some feedback! Maybe a nice 5 star rating if you dig or a nice comment? Idk. Thanks a lot! :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOVU7itZ5NE

I like the combination of dancing and action. Some cool shots with the car there.

On the down side, the acting is quite poor. They seem to be always laughing, which is kind of a downer mainly for comedy. If the actors laugh the public doesn't (clown style).

As a trailer it's hard to find out what the movie would be like. Some nice end composition of the "best dancer in the world" which was funny and nice.

I think you guys are well on your way of producing some quality comedy...but right now this piece is just a little too High School, friend-made for me. Keep making films...I mean...if I was making these kinds of films at your age, I'd be proud. I'm sure with a film like this, you guys could be pretty popular in school...but in the film community, it's a different story.

There's really no production value to this...no lighting...no really solid camera work...barely exceptable audio and shotty acting. But it's clear that you guys have passion, and you're in it to win it...so keep it up.

When I watch a trailer, and several shots are totally out of focus...that hails a lot of red flags. It's just something experienced filmmakers wouldn't allow. Your trailer should be more polished than even your movie...lol. Make sure you get enough coverage, that you never have to worry about an out-of-focus shot...and certainly don't include it in a trailer.

The best part of the trailer was the insert of the stock footage. The gun shot then car burning and flipping was funny as hell.

Keep it up. Good luck.

I'm going to have to agree wth Michael.

Unfortunately, any film thats made is going to be compared to Hollywood.

And something like yours is just so far off I can't even judge it. That's how it goes. Keep working at it.

Dont let those last two comments put you off making films. We all started somewhere and I remember when I made shitty films in high school (hell, we still make some shitty films now). One thing my grandma says is perfect makes practice.

Dont let those last two comments put you off making films. We all started somewhere and I remember when I made shitty films in high school (hell, we still make some shitty films now). One thing my grandma says is perfect makes practice.

I don't think my post should deter anyone from continuing to make films. In fact, I think I gave some pretty out-in-the-open kudos.

You have to understand...if you make films, and you come to an internet site for filmmakers and post them for critique or viewing, naturally you're going to be at a certain level. This isn't the playground anymore...you have to be able to sit with the big dogs and take critisism and know that your film may not receive the rave reviews you and your friends gave each other...that's just how it is. But it's better for you in the end. We are all here to learn and share.

Thanks

Thank you guys for the nice comments and hard criticism.

We actually always seemed to be rushed when filming + we get kicked off locations quickly cos the way we are dressed. So it's totally cool that some of you guys could think this is crappy. But we love filming and making movies. One day will be able to take time and actually make something solid. But this is just all good fun. Think of it as a funny little short.. and enjoy it. But it's nice to know about problems we could fix in the future. THANKS A LOT! i'll post the actual film here when its done! :yes:

Back