Best post-production software that I should learn to use?

I don't care if this has been posted before because it's not something I can search for and think it's something unique to each responder.

What, in your opinion, is the best post editing software that I should learn thoroughly to create awesome graphics on projects? All I know about is motion, and I'm learning it's ropes currently.

You don't just have to name bigname editing software...any kind of add-on software that you like to use?

Thanks. i'm novice.

What, in your opinion, is the best post editing software that I should learn thoroughly to create awesome graphics on projects?

Best graphics? As in special effects, you would like Adobe After Effects CS4. Even though its $1,000, it can make some cool stuff. Also, go to http://www.videocopilot.net/ to see the things that AfterEffects and other editing programs can do. VideoCopilot is just addon graphics and stuff for numerous different softwares. If you have After Effects 6.5, 7, CS3 or CS4, Final Cut Studio, Premiere or Premiere Elements, Vegas Video, Avid, or another QuickTime based video software you are very likely to be able to use VideoCopilots special effects. To see if your editing software is compatible. Go to that previous link, click purchase, and scroll to the bottom for the system requirements (some of the programs, the system requirements are located exactly to the right of the pictures and description.)
Hope I helped a little! :)

Digital Root Films

Last edited:
Check out FXPHD.

They've got in depth training on a LOT of different aspects of post production, with a focus on visual effects. Many of the courses also include access to a vpn to allow you licensed usage of a variety of post software during a given semester.

I really can't recommend them highly enough. I'm not affiliated with them other than being a satisfied customer.
(Though if you do happen to sign up for a semester there, I'd appreciate the nod as the person who referred you -- my username there is tcindie)

Back