Hello from Northern California

Hi all -

I will likely be doing a lot of lurking on this site, as I'm just getting into filmmaking despite being in my mid-forties. I'm playing around with a small HD camera now and learning how to shoot and then edit on a Mac with FCP. I'm in the East Bay, not far from San Francisco & Oakland, and would eventually like to find other true amateurs to collaborate on some films since you can't do this alone.

I'm not worried about story material - I've been cranking out short and long fiction for over 20 years so I have a stockpile... and fresh ideas come every day. I just need (eventually) a gang of people like myself who are looking to create low-budget films, preferably horror or thrillers specifically written to make the most of limited budgets and props. Screw anything artistic for arts sake or anything with a deep and meaningful message. I'll take a "Holy shit, did you see that?" over a "This film changed my life" any day.

Thanks in advance for all of the useful information I'll be taking in during my visits here.

If anyone out there is in my area and has story ideas but is having a hard time fleshing them out, I'd be glad to help - but remember, screenwriting is new to me, so I would be writing in story form to start.

'sup fellas :cool:

Screw anything artistic for arts sake or anything with a deep and meaningful message. I'll take a "Holy shit, did you see that?" over a "This film changed my life" any day.

ZOMG IT'S MICHEAL BAY!!11ELEVEN1!!1!! :bag:

Just kiddin' :)

Back