• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch No Big Deal - Any good?

I think some of it is funny, but nothing truly LOL. Some of the VO writing was pretty clever, but again, nothing note-worthy.

The hand-held work was really annoying and distracting. Either get a camera-op that can steady a shot, or buy a tripod.

Some of the shots were really cool. I like some of the ideas, and you worked well with what you had.

The lighting was dull and non-existent.

The sound was amateur, but for most of the film at least I could hear what was being said. A boom and sound design will greatly increase the overall sound quality. Which will in turn boost your production value.

The editing wasn't bad. I think this was one of the stronger points.

The entire cast are clearly friends, and just having fun making a film. This is a great way to start, naturally, but if you want to jump into serious filmmaking, you'll want to get actors for your more in-depth projects (also, getting a few adults involved will up your production value as well). Also, sometimes the actors were too aware of the camera, as well as winking at their own performances.

I think this is a great start. I think you need a bit more gear, you need to utilize more film techniques with lighting and sound, and you need to get a tripod. :)

Good luck.

Last edited:
You guys are consistent, if nothing else. :)

I'll summarise with pretty much the same things as I did for the rest of your flicks:

I think they are hilarious & I like the quirky style; but they are shot horribly.

Actually, this one wasn't quite as LOL as the others, but it's still funny.

You guys could be makin' some really fantastic material, if you'd pay more attention to the details.

The one about the baby was my fave. :secret:

Thanks again for the feedback guys!

Good news, I got an HD camera for Christmas, as well as a tripod, so we should be seeing an increase in production value :)

Steve, would you be willing to specify what we need to improve on with shooting?

Back