• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch My First Film- Need Lots of Feedback

Hey, Im 17 and a senior in high school. Im applying to lots of schools now and this is the film im sending in to them as part of my portfolio. Although I have written tons of scripts and things, this is the first one I have been able to turn into an actual flick. I would love to hear from anyone about it, especially those with more experience than me. Thanks for any help.

Here is the link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ojqis0psJEo

The Bad News:

Terrible lighting. Awful sound. Dodgy acting. Less-than-compelling story.

The Good News:

It'll be just fine for including in your resumé. :)

If you knew it all already, you wouldn't need to go to school. It'll demonstrate that you are actually interested, if you're trying to do the best with what you know & have right now.

Which schools you submitting to, btw?

Hope you get your first pick. :cool:

Ithaca's pretty good too, and USC's probably the best. The top 3 film schools are NYU, USC, and UCLA, although Emerson's great as well.

I liked your film in that it had a certain style to it that reminded me of Code Unknown, or one of Wong Kar-wai's films with the clippets of film separated by black pauses. The lighting at the end made it hard to see, but the feel of the smoke and the bright car light and the cigarette tip moving - those were great. I didn't really get the story, cause I didn't totally pay attention, so I won't comment on script. The shots could've been more varied because they felt very camcorder-like, which I'm not sure is necessarily best for the scene, but probably the easiest. What's impressive is that you got a whole bunch of people together to make this film, and I think that's what really counts, the effort and interest you put into it, like Zensteve said.

Best of luck getting into whichever film school you hope to go to! :)

Back