• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Snickers nation-wide commercial entry:

Hey everyone. This is an entry I worked on for the Snickers nation-wide commercial contest. I thought it turned out really well.

Here is the entry: http://www.facebook.com//video/video.php?v=235519486281#/video/video.php?v=235519486281&ref=mf

Thanks for watching.

Produced by 12 Gauge Pictures.

I only wish you could more easily tell I was a Snickers bar in the end. Also the original version which didn't make the cut due to time was after I turn, the girl has an evil smile and locks the door on me--kind of a role reversal situation.

Last edited:
I thought the acting was mainstream worthy, and the look too (except for the bootleg gaffers tape snickers bar), but the joke fell flat.

I liked it, structured and (save for the gag) executed really well. I think you guys did a good job picking up on the Snickers campaign and brand style in the ad. Well done. The booty-fab costume is great in it's way and serves as a good placeholder, but it is definitely distracting.

Do you have a version as described in the spoiler? I have a feeling the gag would play better with that.

Thanks guys. Ya, the joke falls flat--
one due to the inability to recognize my costume, and two because the shot of her smiling and locking the door was nixed.

David--there probably is a version mentioned in my spoiler, but we'll probably never see it.

But it was still fun. This team--12 Gauge Pictures--did 4 separate entries. You can find all of them on their FB page.

That was you? I like the acting. Like I said, commercial worthy. I could tell you were a snickers instead of a werewolf, but I still don't get it. Even if she locked the door. Is there some sexual connotation I am missing that has to do with a snickers?

You know, if it was a King Size it would have worked well. ;)

That was you? I like the acting. Like I said, commercial worthy. I could tell you were a snickers instead of a werewolf, but I still don't get it. Even if she locked the door. Is there some sexual connotation I am missing that has to do with a snickers?

Ya, that was me...and my wife actually. (hope you guys didn't notice the ring...it reads like an affair to me...lol. That was totally my fault for not catching that. I thought about it, but we had already shot some angles before I noticed, so I said screw it.

Thank you for the kudos...commercial worth is a good thing. :) I think...lol.

The idea is...
if I turned into a wearwolf, I might lock the door and eat her. But the joke would have been that she locks the door on ME, and eats ME...which is opposite of what you might expect.

I don't know...I got the joke. But that's a moot point anyway since it didn't make the cut due to time I imagine.

Last edited:
Thank you for the kudos...commercial worth is a good thing. :) I think...lol.
Uh well it is a snickers commercial so yeah lol! I was saying I could see this on TV (acting/style-wise). Most spec commericals don't achieve that.

Uh well it is a snickers commercial so yeah lol! I was saying I could see this on TV (acting/style-wise). Most spec commericals don't achieve that.

Thank you my man. Yes, I did take it as a compliment...I was just giving you a hard time.

Back