• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch psycow

The psycho cow idea is funny, other than that there are many things to improve.
The sound is really poor. Whenever music was used it's hidden, any other time there is far too much background noise, also on part 2.
Scenes don't connect with each other properly. A girl is killed drinking milk but is she really killed? it's not shown.
Also light/focus usage has issues. The nice shoot form the milk cartoon on part 2 removes the face of the girl, which should be more interesting to see.
The shower scene... well it looks more sexual than a crime :)

Just a few points. If you get the audio and the story fixed you have made a big step.

I guess the biggest things are the audio and the cuts don't really mesh from one to another...and part of that has to do with the audio. It helps to splice one piece of audio over the beginning of the next clip - it flows better. Although, there is much more to it than that.

Also, I can't believe he runs naked through a graveyard.

It would have been funnier to see the cow at the end. I think it's too long. Story could have probably have been told in less time.

Some funny stuff. It loses credibility and believability at many parts, specifically when you see her towel when she's in the shower and when you see his underwear when he's running at one point.

Interesting concept however. I liked the beginning two minutes the best - Maybe because I didn't see the cow yet... I really liked "MOO" on the wall. That was good comedy.

hey guys

thanks for the feedback. the sound and the audio. there was never supposed to be a storyline, it was just sposed to be a whole bunch of random deaths in parody style. It was shot in a day and edited in a couple of hours that night becos of a deadline so that might explain some of its roughness. It was meant to be Z-grade horror at its worst so that's why I didn't alter the sound too much I felt it gave it that grindhouse raw "crap" quality. This was really my first foray into any kind of attempted filmmaking so I guess my amateur showed up heaps.

The cuts didn't bother me as much as the audio did.

Heh.

That said, these are definitely things that can and will be very easily improved upon with experience and time. The idea is a good one and manages to shine through the technical problems.

Back