• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch NEW IMPROVED RaTIONaL PARANOIA TRAILER

Hey,
So the first trailer for my film project Rational Paranoia was okay, but had a spelling mistake and did not really capture the feel of the film. Therefore I have made a second one which I feel better conveys the ambience of the film. You can watch the trailer here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKB-4Gk7Hzw

The film is in its final stages with most of the editing and half the soundtrack complete. There is only two or three more scenes that need filming and editing etc and then it will finally be uploaded onto youtube.com!

Please leave feedback or comments if you can. Many thanks :D

I will be honest and say that I didn't watch the entire trailer--not sure what was going on right from the get-go starting with that low quality production house title card. Then the air-warning alarms and the static...and the face...I was lost and uninterested.

I think when you have really low production value, it's a film makers job to create an even more captivating story, as well as levels of performance. It is also a micro budget filmmakers job to stretch the hell out of their budget with production details...I didn't see anything that stood out in your trailer as being creative or resourceful.

Budget doesn't make a film...but resourcefulness and creativity can.

I apologize for the candid comment...but I think it for the best.

Hey,
So I was quite taken a back by your honest, yet very synical criticism. Whilst I appriciate sincere criticism it is hard to take advice from someone who did not even take the time to watch the whole trailer. However I have taken on board what you and others have said. There are many people who have seen previews of this film who have said that it is good, considering the low budget (there was non, I funded the entire project myself.) I have come to the conclusion that as this film is more of a piece of art, and that I it was made in a post-modern way that will hopefully have the intelligent audience member subjectivley adding their own interpretation and story to the piece, that there really is no point in making trailers for it. Therefore I will be removing the second trailer. However I will be leaving the first as it is at least spreading the word about the film. What I will ask is that people be patient and at least try watching the film when I upload it to youtube after the premier in my home city, and then feel free to praise or rip it to pieces.
So in closing I thank you Micheal for your honest opinion. It has simply brought home what others have said about the trailers. I would ask that when you check back on this forum and see that I announced that the film has been uploaded that you please take the time to watch some of the completed piece and then feel free to comment.

Back