• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Music vid for Zolabud's - Lower East Side

Was hoping to maybe get some thoughts on my newest music video; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQsmymIcyeg

It's the first music video I've actually shot (have one other that I used to promote myself for the job but was cut from footage of something else I made as payment to the band that provided me all the music). Once I brought the footage home, I saw a ton of stuff I wish I'd have done, but I'll brush that off as being rusty in the creative side of Directing as have been doing mostly videographer related work for the last several years.

Band's super happy with the end product - gotta make the client happy. The wall walking concept was there own, to give a hopeful message at the end with them finally meeting up after following one another, and some smiles are exchanged for the first time in the vid.

The interior shots they were looking to just do black background with the singer standing, singing and the guitarist on a stool and that's it. So pretty glad they let me change that part up quite a bit although the exteriors were there sticking point. Changed to lower east van apartment. Real shitty place, with a real awkward, distant tension between the vocalists. I think I delivered that part pretty good, but, please, you be the judge.

Let me know everything you liked, didn't like, etc.

Have another band lined up to shoot January hopefully, and it sounds like this band wants to hire me for another video in Feb/March as they gear up for a CD release in June. I'm going to start a series pilot in May as well. Comedy this time. Have been working on my bible for some time. It's pretty funny I think, now just need to try and deliver a nice finished product. Nice to be doing creative pieces again. Makes me happy to use that part of my brain :yes:

Its got a nice mellow vibe. My only critique is just a matter of taste i guess. Some of the cuts to color shots seem a little jarring. Nice sound.

I like the setup of the dinning room. Simplistic but effective. The B&W and colour changes I'm not so keen on. It becomes a bit repetitive on the people walking on the street.
From my side watching at it I'm more interested on the part with the singers, I'm dragged there to see if there is a story because it's set like one. But then I get people walking on the street and I get confused.

Good job

I like the setup of the dinning room. Simplistic but effective. The B&W and colour changes I'm not so keen on. It becomes a bit repetitive on the people walking on the street.
From my side watching at it I'm more interested on the part with the singers, I'm dragged there to see if there is a story because it's set like one. But then I get people walking on the street and I get confused.

I agree with your statement, as well. I feel like we're not learning anything knew on the streets by them walking past the wall. It needs to progress I think. I also thought that the single shot of the girl singing on the couch could have been shot where we could see her face when she turns side ways.

Again, the black and white scene was nice.

Back