Colorado Film Festival

Anyone here know anything about the Colorado Film Festival? Their website is coloradofilmfestival.com

I recently submitted something to them and noticed my card was charged by a company in Las Vegas and now I'm afraid I may have been taken for $30

If that ends up being the case, anyone have any experience with something like this? Is it possible to get my money back, or even my script?

Thanks for any help on this!

The Colorado Film Festival is a non-traditional film festival. Films will not be physically screened for the public. Awards will be announced via Internet, targeted press release, email blast, as well as listed on our website. It is requested that awards won be mentioned in the promotional materials of the films being awarded.

Does seem shady. Technically it is not a festival. It's probably some dude in Nevada.

Maybe not a scam but definitely and internet venture. As I predicted when I read this, it is probably someone with multiple domains for different states taking money and "awarding" films.
http://sw-ke.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=124912794824&topic=11668

To their credit they tell you it is an Internet judging on their site, you should have read better and investigated.

I'm afraid I may have been taken for $30

The bad news: You have been taken for $30. :(

The good news: Send me $30 and I will announce via Internet, targeted press release and an email blast that there are dodgy scams on the Internet. :)

Is it possible to get my money back, or even my script?

Dunno, but looks like anyone can set up a "festival" with WithoutABox these days. Maybe have a word with them? I'm sure they don't like their credibility going down the crapper. However, the website for these guys is pretty straight-forward & honest about what they do. (ie: not much)

Maybe try doing a chargeback on your creditcard?

I wouldn't worry too much about them nicking your script. Tbh, you'll probably end up with an "Honourable Mention" at the least. (Noone will walk away a loser, I'd wager). When you gave them your money (and sent in your script) you only agreed to abide by the rules & regulations - which appear to consist soley about how you just need to send them your script and some money.

Bunch of weasels, for sure.

Also $30 richer than you. :blush:

For what it's worth, there's a tonne of scam/lowlife film-related competitions & the like out there.

Research 'for sending the loot, I guess.

Facebook Person said:
The festival may not exist. It is quite shocking

smiley_zip.gif

Back