• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch THE FIXER --official trailer

2 things

The titles were better then the cinematography which just makes it look worse.

And the focus was off so much... why....

Meh... looks ok. What is a fixer? I think they could have used some more stylized lighting or some color correction. Not to shabby though.

Looks rather good, I thought. :huh:

Would have preferred a v/o instead of titles (especially for a first-person), but that's just my preference.

Lighting & colouring may be muted, but it's consistent and sets the tone - nothin' wrong with that. Sometimes things just gotta be washed out like that. My opinion, again.

The only thing that looked "odd" was the rather crisp actual footage mixed with titles with a lot of blur.

So who are these New Ronin guys? Are they the Sharks to your Scorpio's Jets?
smiley_stab.gif

Zen, no they aren't in competition to us--they are Boston based, and are far less established.

The reason I post it here with 'what do you think'?, is because this movie had so much hype. It was supposed to be a pretty decent budget, and have a lot of backing.

When I saw it, I wasn't that impressed, actually. I thought the camera work wasn't that great, and the editing was pretty weak. I thought overall the teaser didn't do a good job of making me interested. I thought, 'oh great, another vampire film'...and this film didn't do anything different or unusual to make me think it was unique.

I also thought the lack of dialog (or recorded sound) altogether was a red flag for me. When I see absolutely no on-set recorded sound or dialog in a trailer, I expect that the sound is low quality, and the filmmakers have a lot of work on their hands to fix it before release...either that, or the sound is going to suck even for the release.

And yes Steve, I agree...I would have liked VO, instead of title cards.

The lead actor, Brandon, is one of the few actors in my area I would consider my competition. It's a very cool relationship though...we are totally cool with each other, and absolutely support one anothers projects. I like the guy a lot.

Anyway. Don't get me wrong...I think it looks pretty good, and I want it to be great for Brandon's sake. I just dont' think the teaser was put together well, and didn't show me that *this* vampire film was different.

Let me give you an example of something *different*...think you've seen all the vampire films you'll ever want to see? Well check the trailer for PRETTY DEAD THINGS, done by the guys I work with all the time...this was done on a fraction of the budget of THE FIXER, and has something unique to say about vampires. Yes I understand the target audience is totally different, but at least it's unique: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFyJHs9JRzg

Now be honest, would you rather see PDT or THE FIXER? It's a no brainer for me, all bias aside, I think PDT looks far more interesting. Now, my point isn't to say, our film is way better, see see...no. My point is, when you're doing an overdone genre, you have to do something unique...

Last edited:
I thought it was pretty decent looking but didn't feel compelled to check it out further, which should be the goal of any teaser, I feel. "Oh, cripes, another vampire story...oh, but wait! This one has a protagonist with an axe to grind! Oh, cripes, another vampire story where the protagonist has an axe to grind..."

Back