Durable Dust resistant Camera

Hello,

I am currently on pre-deployment training and will be leaving for the Desert in a few short months. While there I plan on filming as much as I can, and hopefully edit it all into a documentary when I get back in a year. However most cameras I have seen seem like they would be destroyed by dust.

I'm looking for a camera doesnt have to be the newest models... and it should in the very least be dust resistant.

Im hoping after I get back this might be my brake into the film industry but who knows lol.

Anyway have a G'day

~Thanato

I've forgotten the name for it, but those plastic camera sleeves - have you considered using one of those?

They are used often for protection from sand at the beach, or minor splash protection if on a boat or raining. They are made for many camera models. Probably handy to keep a lot of dust out, too. Not underwater-proof, though. More like light protection.

Also, as far as camera choices - dunno any "dust-resistant" ones, but I would think a camera that uses a memory card might wear better, as opposed to a tape or HDD one (with more spinning & moving parts).

Come back safe & sound. :)

Maybe ask some of your colleagues what cameras worked well for them, and which sucked? You must know a bunch who've already been over there.

Last edited:
I decided to go for the SANYO VPCCA9 BLACK WP HD DUALCAM/CORDER, that Henry's has in stock. Mainly because its compact, single hand operation, black, and water 'proof' which will help for the dust.

~Thanato

Back