Arriflex 16SR

I don't ask for much help, but now is one of those times :)

I've recently have converted from an AD to an AC, And have worked only with Digital. Im 1st Acing a shoot in a week with the Arriflex 16SR 16mm camera, and looking for video information on it.

I've seen there's a book for it, but i'm a visual learner, so if anyone knows of any sources for the Arri 16SR, please let me know.

Thanks

Could you take like a half day vacation at work or something? I have had a few shoots that someone wanted me to grip for and I just ask for a day off, I don't know what your work or schedule is like but That is what I would try for.

Is there a camera loader? You better find out of you will be loading it too.

x2.

CD - do you know if they want you to 1st or 2nd AC on this gig? Depending on the size of the crew the 2nd will probably be expected to load magazines. If you've never loaded before, definitely try to get a tutorial and a couple practice sessions before.

If you are 1sting, then best of luck. Pulling for film (even with a tap) is a very hard job.

Edit: Just noticed you said you were 1st. Loading is likely to be handled for you then - but check with someone just be sure. I can't imagine trying to do both jobs though. Heh.

Last edited:
hey guys, thanks for the feed back. this gig already happened.

it went well and yes i had a secnd. i was just looking for tech advice on the camera, but i got to check it out before the shoot

Back