• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

Help Need a Screen Play.

OK here I sit with ideas in my head and not sure where to go with them. Is it possible that I can tell someone my idea and they can produce me a screenplay? If so where do I begin to find such person. I am ready willing and able to do what it takes to make this happen.

Hey Marko. I took Dov Simmons's 2 day film school and someone brought up the same subject. He said to take a screenwriting course in college and to listen to everyone reading their stories, when you hear someone that has good dialogue, approach them and pay them to write your screenplay. Just tell them what you want your story to be. Its probably best if you write it yourself though, you can express your creativity more and its free!

Marko I would be willing to hear some of your ideas and possible draft a (cheap or free, depending) screen play for you on the condition that I am given credit for writing it and am allowed to use it for my portfolio. I am a current film major at Portland State University and have a background in writing.

What are your ideas?
What is the medium?
The genre?
The timeframe?
The length you want? (Short film, Feature, Mini-Series)

Get back to me.

I also took that Dov Simens course. Before you approach anyone to write a screenplay, write the treatment and submit it to the WGA. otherwise they have every right to use your idea without crediting you in any way.

Back