• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Happy Halloween 0/

Made during the 48-hour thingmabob earlier this year,

but perfect time for this Halloween!
smiley_ghost.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUUAGx4URmQ​

There I was, minding my own business, when Directorik kidnapped me and put me to work on this epic masterpiece. It was kinda like being shanghaied into a chain gang, except without the pirate ships, opium dens and cheap hookers.
smiley_haw.gif

I was just a mere grip, but it was an awesome day working with a lot of talented people.
smiley_tiphat.gif

Friday 7pm: Creative team gets the details of the challenge, and brainstorms like crazy. Directorik had agreed to only do this if it was a musical, so that threw a lovely extra bit of wtf into the mix.

Saturday 11am: Calltime for the rest of us peons. Creative team also arrives, with full script and some working samples of the songs. More click-tracks than anything else, and definitely more metronome than music.

Day continues, with b-roll being shot. Emphasis on shooting mostly the dialogue, and the daylight musical number.

While the dialogue's being shot, the choreographer is slamming together a sequence of moves for the first night dance, Sign. We are on a large property, so they can do their thing while I slave away... luggin' about some C-stands and sandbags. And the monitor... weighed down with sandbags. (Also some sandbags, which were also weighed down with sandbags...)

Sunday 3am: All shooting is complete. That's a sweet 16 hour shoot, but the day ain't done for Directorik. He's off to actually start editing the whole thing! :eek:

Sunday 7pm: Pretty sure that was the deadline. In like Flynn. Click-track replaced with finished songs (never even saw the person doing the music - updated songs sent via iPhone from the studio)

Edit: Looks like video has sharpened up.

More edits to come, as story unfolds.

Last edited:
hahaha! Good show! That was pretty epic!

Liked it alot... can't believe that was a 48 though. Good choreography and a witty story with a good punchline... nice... really liked that late 70's / early 80's look to it. Had an old-skool feel.

Wicked. Well that made my Halloween!

Back