Magic Trick - Help

Hello again you guys helped me in my previous question about suicide scene and now I have another more difficult (i think).

So.....
The camera is shooting an empty room and I wanted to slowly appear all the objects like bed, chairs etc ...
this is very easy if i just:
Put the camera in a standart place,
Shoot first the empty room,
Add a bed,
Shoot,
Add another object
Shoot
and finaly putting one video to another on montage with fade in and fade out.

But the problem in the scene is that the actor is painting something (he moves in real time) and I want first show the actor paint on space without a pen and sloooooowly appear his pen his canvas and finaly all the other objects while he is painting.

I think it would be a montage ''trick'' but I don't know how exaclty to shoot it right and edit it to seem real.
I know about editing softwares so feel free to tell me exactly the process.
Thanks!!!:)

A few things come to mind - and I'm not really an expert on this so forgive me if my ideas are not practical.

1. Split-screen approach. Keeping the camera perfectly still, line up the painter on one side of the frame, then your "appearing" furniture on the other side. As long as the camera does not move, you ought to be able to create a base layer (empty room), a second layer with furniture, that fades in, but cropped only to one side, and a third layer (the painter, but cropped to the other side.
2. Can you apply gradient masks to your editing layers? Not sure if that works (like it does in Photoshop, for example).
3. Green screen the painter.

A few things come to mind - and I'm not really an expert on this so forgive me if my ideas are not practical.

1. Split-screen approach. Keeping the camera perfectly still, line up the painter on one side of the frame, then your "appearing" furniture on the other side. As long as the camera does not move, you ought to be able to create a base layer (empty room), a second layer with furniture, that fades in, but cropped only to one side, and a third layer (the painter, but cropped to the other side.
2. Can you apply gradient masks to your editing layers? Not sure if that works (like it does in Photoshop, for example).
3. Green screen the painter.

Thanks very much

1.I can't split the screen cause many objects are on the side of actor.
2.I think cause I'm not an expert this may look very amateur.
3.Can I put a video as a backround layer??? If I can this seem to be better than the others.

But what about his brush??? How can I make appear on his hand???

1. Buy After Effects.

2. Shoot the room empty, and with each piece of furniture added in the order you desire.

3. Without moving the camera, also shoot the actor's "painting" motions for the entire scene. The will require some careful choreography.

4. Possibly, do step 1 in reverse after shooting the actor. Or before. Either way, be aware of shadows from furniture onto the actor and vice versa. If shadows are missing, paint them on.

5. Try at home first. No one goes to a club to listen to someone learn to play their instruments.

Back