• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch My first trailer

This is my first trailer project. I wrote and directed the trailer (and feature), did the visual effects, editing and most of the sound mix. Ed Lima (Lima-Audio.com) did all of the music and the rest of the sound design. Bill Schweikert shot it on the Red.

Enjoy! Thanks!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtTWnDlIxO4

Wow, looks pretty good. I'd say with how good everything looks that you should have some of the effects redone to be the same quality as everything else. Like where he punches the guy and there is the electric charge it looked pretty homemade.

But everything else looks/sounds really good. Even seems like it has a good plot.

Wow! That's pretty awesome.

I agree with cstenger, some of the effects need to be redone to match the quality of the rest of the video. All in all, it looks great. The acting was very good, the plot is intriguing as well as captivating, and the overall quality of everything was great. I would like to see the whole movie!

Looks like a quality film, but I was disapointed on the sound; It just doesn't match the quality of the visuals.

Great lighting on a lot of those shots.

The trailer itself is a little weak.

A bit slow paceand drawn out for me. And the begining quote... this is just personal but it's such a cliche thing to do, and kinda looks amature most of the time.

Nice man. For your first trailer (you mean movie?), it's pretty cool.

I think the idea is great (I'm a big science dork), and having a cool story to begin with is a great way to start a project.

The lighting is solid and the imagery is nice...I'm a huge fan of the RED. For some reason though, there's something about the image that doesn't seem on the level with most RED pictures I've seen or worked on. Hmmm...not sure what it is. Looks great, don't get me wrong. Maybe it's the post work....

The sound and music are solid.

The effects aren't bad, but could use some work.

The acting is a little 'acty'...especially by the best friend and the girl friend, but the lead is pretty good.

The trailer was cut pretty nicely.

I like what I see. Good luck with this.

Last edited:
Acting by the tubby guy was a bit dodgy, but dude! You can't go wrong when Nikola Tesla's involved. :cool:

I liked the strong lighting, btw.

Good luck with it. Awesome concept.

Thanks for the comments guys. This is my first trailer (soon to be feature I hope). I talked to a marketing rep last month that is going to the AFM who asked if I could have a trailer put together by the middle of October. I told them that I could (without having sets, locations, props, actors, etc). I knew all of the crew people to do it and I scraped the cash together. So the deadline was tight after finding the locales, doing casting calls and building the props.

I did all of the digital fx work (which is what I do everyday), makeup (I did the monster, Faraday was done by Toby Sells), editing, mixing, marketing materials and DVD creation. I was handed the music and sound files at the last minute to do what I could with. The surround sound mix is much better actually.
I'm not happy with the punch effect, but deadlines and details........ Theres just not enough time. But I am happy with what I turned out in three weeks considering I was working my "real" job at the same time.

The youtube version has been crunched down considerably. We are going the blu-ray route for the show. The Red is super sharp (as it should be), the DP and I just wanted a different look. We shot really fast lenses and tried to keep the environments dark. We lit the basement shots with LEDs and shifted them towards the cooler blue tones, and the house was just the opposite with tungsten lights and warm golds.

I've been working on the script for about a year off and on. There's a cool twist at the end that ties everything together with the history books and conspiracy theories.

It's been alot of work, but you know how it goes when its your project instead of someone else's........... But I've enjoyed every minute of it.

There are some interviews with cast and crew in that youtube channel as well if anyone is interested.

Last edited:
Back