• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Can we discuss a score?

"How snake was cheated"

Work finished.
You can listen here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjINirYAil0

Old post:
I working now on one animation movie. Director of this anim is "not available" now, so i can't ask him. Maybe someone of you will help me.
Question in music emotions in first scene of snake apperance. I think that he is not a devil now (because he will be in future scenes) so i wrote major and not evil music. But i think that is not correct for this moment. Maybe it should be more scarying and should be like the second scene?
Is no actual :)

Last edited:
This is all personal taste, but here goes...

I personally like thematic scores, so maybe a theme and/or instrument for each character. I like the flute, very light and peaceful, but perhaps a short "stab" when the snake/lizard first appears for some contrast. Again, a personal choice, I would like to hear more "action" when dollying in to the tree. The score should become a little more menacing as the snake approaches and climbs the tree (get rid of the flute - it's no longer peaceful, it's getting dangerous) and vaguely martial when daddy bird picks up his spears. The snake isn't menacing enough as he begins his stalk. I'm not saying that you should Mickey Mouse everything (although perhaps more so than a live action piece, it is an animation after all...), but I think you should more strongly echo the emotions of each moment.

One thing that is not there is the sound design, so perhaps you should get in touch with him/her and find out what they are thinking and doing.

Last edited:
Back