• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Free Cinematic Music?

Is there somewhere where I could find some free cinematic or epic soundtracks? I know I can buy a bundle at VideoCoPilot.com, but I can't afford it on a teenager budget. Is there an artist known for writing cinematic music? I'm looking just for instrumental songs, no vocals.

Help anyone?

You can find many composers who'll score whatever you need for nuthin'.

The market is just swamped with would-be musicians looking for projects to do, to help build their reel.

Look about in the classified section of this forum for recent examples, or post an advert to Craigslist.

Or do you need existing soundtracks for another purpose?

Well I don't want to waste a composer's time. I'm just looking for a song that I could hunt down that would fit with a little fan made video I'm in the process of making. I doubt they would gain any reputation for it. I would have the artist and song in the credits, just to show some respect and thankfulness(sp?). Either that or I get a song out my music collection that flows with the video.

Just out of curiosity,

Going to that website listed above, find something you like and then email the person who has all rights to that particular song .. to use?
Then download it...and credit the composer/writer/vocals?

Back