• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch El loco - A film noir or not...

We are a group of international people (Netherlands, Spain, France, and more) trying to enjoy what we like the most, acting and film making.

This is our last sketch... shot in one day with a micro budget (nobody gets paid and the equipment is borrowed for free) and with the handicap of not having an actress for the role I had to use my wife 8-) Still she was patient enough for it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMXdl3tKDAg

This is part of a series of funny sketches (so far we have made 5), never meant to be master pieces, advice is always welcome.

For this video we had only one camera, used a lot of green screen (which caused lots editing limitations), and we had very limited time... and cats got on the set from time to time!

Any feedback. Tear it down, destroy it, say bad things, anything. We know it's not perfect, actually very different to what we initially wanted. But this was filmed at a friends place, 2 locations only (and it shows), shot in 3 hours, edited in less than 2 weeks.

I thought it was well done and cute. I wasn't a huge fan of the filter used...I would have preferred crisp black and whites like the typical noir piece. Have you tried desaturating and punching the contrast as a test?

Fun little short. Cute twist.

I noticed you used the image/background during your credit sequence...this is a big thing now'adays. I'm seeing so many films (and video games) using this credit-in-the-movie method...which I love actually.

The video game Left 4 Dead did it, and so did the game Borderlands...very cool.

Last edited:
Thanks Micahel.
Fully agree with you. We wanted indeed to use B&W with just some colours. But our editor and I had a bit of an argument about this one, so we settled for this filter. He insisted than our camera wasn't good enough for B&W, that it would have looked like a CCTV camera :)

The twist had to be changed a couple of times, due to lack of actors on the day of shooting... a quick rewrite in 10 minutes got this outcome.

Back