hi y'all from Spain i want to be good!!!

hello to everyone,
My name is tom,i got interested in cameras and stuff a couple of years ago when my wife bought me a HD camcorder,then i got interested the editing but a couple of months ago i bought a jvc gy hd 110u and now im hooked, the very first thing i did was a spoof music video with my daughter and her friend and it was aired by one of UK sky TV's crappy channels which gave me a boost of confidence,and i have some good ideas but their is just me and its so frustrating as i have to do everything myself,and sometimes i think im wasting my time,i know most people in this business have thousands of dollars/pounds of gear at their disposal ,but has anyone found they have done good with the minimum of lights mikes and such,and how do you measure your work in comparison with others,people that see my stuff think its good but then again to the average Joe anyone's would,thanks for listening
Tom

Welcome!

Most people in this business are in the same boat as you. Try searching some threads on no budget film making and you should get some of your questions answered.

Back