Erasing Film

HI, I'm new to the forum and new to film, so forgive me if this is a silly question. Since my preferred format has always been HD I know little to nothing about film beyond how to load it.

Anyway,
I was curious if there is a way to erase film and reuse it. Is this possible? Is there some sort of process that can be done with acids of some sort that can basically erase the image off of the film? And if there is some sort of process that can do this, would it be possible to reuse the film? To print new images onto it?

I'm not asking because of some silly reason like saving money or the environment, I'm just curious. Thanks in advance for anybody who can answer this question for me.

Regards,
WalterWhite

Again, please go easy on me if this is truly a stupid question. Like I said, I know little to nothing about the medium.

Also, if this is impossible, could somebody please explain why that is so or point me in the direction of a good book/site that would help me understand this. Thanks again.

Last edited:
Not unless you scraped the emulsion off to bare acetate and had a factory refurbish it lol.

No

Back