• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch TRUTH IS BEAUTY -- The Elusive CINEMA Look With HVX200 and Red Rock Micro M2

This is a short piece we produced for a contest.

It was shot on an HVX 200 with the Red Rock Micro M2 Adapter and various Nikon SLR lenses. The first location is the Palace of Fine Arts in San Francisco and the second is a small garden setting in Northern California.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgnmQg8caeg

3927487445_bb41ae9326_m.jpg

The contest called for a spoof of an unrealistic beauty advertisement / commercial. I wanted to meet that requirement with a high concept commercial, but also wanted to turn it into a commercial for the contest host Cosmedicine since my real goal is to add great looking work to my reel so I can try to get real work in the future.

Enjoy! And if you have a Youtube account, sign in and rate it if you like it. Or rate it low if you don't. Either way it helps. Thanks!!

Last edited:
I thought that was really well shot. Good job. I felt like a few of the cuts in the first piece were a fraction of a second too long...but other than that, it was pretty good. Let's just say I am very 'supportive' of the first segment. ;)

The second one looked great too. Nice work. The message is clear as day.

I'm a fan of the HVX200...good stuff.

I thought it was well shot, aside from a few things I caught (dolly moving slightly then stopping, ect)

As a peice, It didn't hold my attention well, that doesn't mean it isn't good, just wasn't my cup of tea.

Nicely done, but could have been half the duration to make the same point.

Was there a minimum length for this challenge?

Back