(advice needed) Music Video!?

Ok I'm directing a music video in about two weeks time... first attempt at getting out from behind my desk as an editor so I'm hoping all goes well :yes:

Obviously I'm going to have to sync the studio track to the video in post so does anyone have any tips for getting the artist to sing in time during the shoot? is it best to play there track through some kind of sound system and get them to mime?

Also where is the best place to get a decent clapperboard from? and is white better than traditional black?

Lip sync and you really don't need a clapper, just something to make a loud noise, I find a quick hand clap works as well. If they are lip syncing though a few beeps at the beginning of the song can be used as well.

Cool thats what I was thinking. But back onto the clapper subject I need one for some other projects too, so any ideas on where to buy and preference of colour (white or black)

They can sing/play to the same cd you'll use in post ofr the audio.
As a time-saver in post, you can lay your multiple takes on seperate video tracks and just sync em one time. Yuo can then go through each one subtractively.
Don't let em overdo it too much. Authenticity goes a lot further than the 80s MTV poser vibe.

Back