Boston film festival - what to expect

I wanted to check out a film festival as I have never been to one before. The closest one to me would be the Boston one which is next week.

What actually goes on at a film festival? I looked it up and got bits and pieces of info which didn't sound too appealing and it doesn't make me want to go to it (in addition to it being a two hour drive).
I had this image in my head (too much tv maybe?) of a variety of indie flicks - some places for info - from media to acting bla bla bla...

Has anyone been to the Boston one? Is it really hohum - anyone here entering a film?

Thanks.

What actually goes on at a film festival?
You watch films! Festivals usually run a few days to a week on average. They screen films all day, films that are usually undistributed. Some festivals have the directors speak after the film. Some festivals have panels and markets. You can see a lot of interesting films! I've been to a lot and I usually see a film I like. Hope this helps.

This Boston ff is in Caimbridge I think...'bout two hours away. Two issues are holding me back right now - distance and traffic.
Overall though - I have traveled farther for other reasons - like 10 hours for a two day convention...I flew to London for a weekend to attend a party. Went to Japan for two days - South Africa for a balloon ride and safari...Paris for an afternoon.
Gosh, writing that down makes me realize what I have done so to drive two hours is no biggie - guys it is just Boston traffic is compared to NYC-brutal !!

Back