DOF adapter

I'm new to filmmaking (in a sense), and looking into some equipment. I'm in the process of getting a matte box, and have some other basic equipment. I'm essentially looking for a DOF adapter...at a VERY affordable price.
also, is it true that DOF adapters invert the image? why do they do this? i saw that the JAG DOF company offers to add a button to convert the inversion. but would it actually capture the video this way..or just display it. does this mean in post i have to invert ALL of my shots? if so, is there an efficient way to do this in final cut...?

thanks so much everyone

if your pretty new, u might want to wait on getting a 35 adapter. most invert the pic and revert it in post. some high end dont like the letus and ps pro.

also, is it true that DOF adapters invert the image? why do they do this? i saw that the JAG DOF company offers to add a button to convert the inversion. but would it actually capture the video this way..or just display it. does this mean in post i have to invert ALL of my shots? if so, is there an efficient way to do this in final cut...?

thanks so much everyone

I own a JAG 35. The button inverts the image for your LCD, not on the recording. I use the CINEFORM codec that has a FLIP selection when you digitize to invert the image automatically when it digitizes.

Back