Got my first acceptance!

Just as I was really starting to wonder if anybody was going to take my film, I got the notification this morning. Beyond the Wall of Sleep is an official selection of the H. P. Lovecraft film festival and Cthulhu Con in Portland Oregon October 2nd through the 4th.

Thanks to all of you. Got several rejections before I got this yes, and as much as we all try to pretend we don't need anybody else's validation, having complete strangers think your work is "good enough" feels awfully good.

I did work very hard on it. It has warts to be sure (all of which trace back to shortages of time/money), but I tried to make the best film I could on the budget and schedule I had. It's especially gratifying as a first tiem director.

Congrats! It's really frustrating with all the rejections. I had a really hard time getting into a festival, I think I almost gave up. My film "White Wall" finally got accepted to Action On Film Festival after trying for more than a year. Let me know how your screening went!, my screening is coming up in less than 2 weeks.

Congratulations! Have a GREAT screening.

MrBoss: I just checked out your trailer, it looks great. At imdb it says you shot this with a Panasonic AG-HVX200. Is this correct? If so, where does the 35mm print come in?

Last edited:
ussinners, Yes, I shot a portion of White Wall using the HVX200. I never did a film out, so I dont have a 35mm print. Everything ended up on Final Cut as Apple Pro Res, and It was exported onto a HDCAM SR. The film out is just too expensive and not worth doing. Hope this answers your question.

Back