Hello!

Hello all,

I am a homeschooled, 17-year-old who loves everything to do with film. It's honestly all thanks to my friend who introduced me to home video editing roughly four years ago; since then, I've constantly tried to find better techniques of editing home movies.

My first film I made was with my brother in 2006, and it was a great milestone in my past because it was basically a 'test' film. I used it as my lab table to try out special effects such as green screen, rotoscoping (a lightsaber was present in the film for exactly three seconds), and cloning of a human, however the cloning didn't make it into the final cut (because it didn't work). All of this was done with a standard-definition MiniDV camcorder, which produced no more than 500 lines of resolution. In other words, the quality of any film I produced always left something to be desired, but it didn't matter; I was having fun. :)

The second film I made was with my family and friends, in 2008. It was shot very fast, so the quality wasn't exactly what I was hoping for, but still quite decent for a standard miniDV JVC camcorder. The film involved Santa, and you can find it here (if you want).

Now I am getting slightly more serious, and I plan to produce a High-Definition video next summer with better audio quality (as I will be using a boom mic) with my friends.

So, in a nutshell, my love of film has largely been experimental, always with satisfying or completely un-expected results. I'll never forget the moment in which I finally saw the lightsaber footage rolling and my brother's glee of the final product, or when I finally figured out how to use a green screen properly.

So yes, that's basically me. Thanks for reading, and I look forward to being a part of this community!

Back