Hi!

Hi! I'm a student at Orange Coast College, and I decided to study film b/c of a huge waitlist for the cardiovascular technology program, and I needed something to keep my name on the college books.

I'm currently waiting for my appointment with Department Head Bob Lazarus to discuss the program.

Would you consider the director, cinematographer, and editor to be the auteurs of a film?

When making indie films, are the director, cinematographer, and editor usually also the investors, producers, and distributors?

I plan on using my day job of a cardiac sonographer to finance my BS degree and my films.

Perhaps with enough filmmaking experience, I can start my own production company.

Should I submit every film I make to a film festival?

Welcome.
I would not submit your 1st few films unless you get some great feed back from honest friends and comments from trailers.

Would you consider the director, cinematographer, and editor to be the auteurs of a film?

No, there is one auteur (FR: author). The director. The auteur theory is when the director uses the film to express his/her personal idas. It was suggested by François Truffaut is an an essay entitled A Certain Tendency in French Cinema and practiced by the directors of the French New Wave.

Back