• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch The Killing Strain teaser

Seems like a poor rip off of 28 weeks later.
You could at least compare it to 28 days later. Weeks later should be discounted because it was so bad. It didn't have Danny Boyle as director.

Anyway good luck with the film, great to see you're getting some press.

Not bad. I think I would like to see more before I make to big of a judgement. But I suppose that was the point of watching the scene. What kind of budget did you guys get to work with?

You could at least compare it to 28 days later. Weeks later should be discounted because it was so bad. It didn't have Danny Boyle as director.

Wow.

Just because Danny didn't direct it makes it bad? 28 weeks was a great film.

and just a FYI, Danny Boyle basically co-directed 28 weeks, he was there most of the time helping the director.

Wow.

and just a FYI, Danny Boyle basically co-directed 28 weeks, he was there most of the time helping the director.
It had a completely different atmosphere. It felt completely americanised. 28 days later had a real indie feel to it, 28 weeks later was just a typical hollywood action film.

28 weeks later was awesome. Wasn't better than days later but it was still a good movie. I don't see what was wrong with that film

Wow.

I totally agree. Although I don't like WEEKS as much as I like DAYS, I still think WEEKS is a quality horror flick. Boyle isn't what made 28 DAYS LATER great...it was the story, style, and cast. Boyle just helped sprinkle his magic dust on it...

Plus WEEKS has Imogen Poots in it...one of the hottest girls in Hollywood (and a quality actor too), I could watch her all day. :)

Seems like a poor rip off of 28 weeks later.

I wouldn't say this...nothing looks 'poor' about this flick. It looks like it was 'inspired' by modern zed flicks...but I wouldn't say 'rip off.' Not to mention, it looks really well done.

Personally I would hold off from calling a flick a rip-off until I saw it. This isn't even a trailer, it's a teaser. There's very little information as far as plot/story here. Good luck, looks good.

This is a genre movie, it has elements of all kinds of genre movies, Frankenstein, 28 Days, Night of the living Dead, suspense thrillers. As the saying goes 'There's nothing new under the Sun'. Every movie I see I can find elements of movies from the past. We wanted to create a film with good characters find the best actors we could afford, have enough zombie killing action to satisfy the horror/zombie fans and do it all for sag-indie low type budget. I know we all on Indietalk are doing the same thing- trying to make the best movie for the budget we have. The only thing that 28 days/weeks and the Killing Strain have in common is the virus thing. Like all families not everyone will think something is cool or looks good, that's ok CD we're just having a great time making our first movie. Thanks for the honesty guys and good luck to everyone on their films.
The Killing Strain
http://thekillingstrainmovie.blogspot.com/

This is a genre movie, it has elements of all kinds of genre movies, Frankenstein, 28 Days, Night of the living Dead, suspense thrillers. As the saying goes 'There's nothing new under the Sun'. Every movie I see I can find elements of movies from the past. We wanted to create a film with good characters find the best actors we could afford, have enough zombie killing action to satisfy the horror/zombie fans and do it all for sag-indie low type budget. I know we all on Indietalk are doing the same thing- trying to make the best movie for the budget we have. The only thing that 28 days/weeks and the Killing Strain have in common is the virus thing. Like all families not everyone will think something is cool or looks good, that's ok CD we're just having a great time making our first movie. Thanks for the honesty guys and good luck to everyone on their films.
The Killing Strain
http://thekillingstrainmovie.blogspot.com/

Honestly you shouldn't need to explain this stuff--especially to this community of people. Your film looks awesome...it is what it is: a zed genre flick. I think we can all deal with that. And to top it off, it looks well made...good show.

Back