• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Enigma: Behind the Scenes!

You crafty bastards! My GOD this thing looks good. You guys are a true inspiration. I've worked on a lot of indie sets, and let me tell you...oooo weee...you guys have what it takes, and your going places. Such an incredibly talented cast and crew, all with a driving passion that will carry you all to your dreams. I know I know...pour on the violin music...but really.

This thing will definitely get picked up in some way. I'm not sure how long it is...or what market you plan to hit...whether the length is set for episodic television...or whether this is just a pilot. Whatever it is, it will do really well both as a legit peice to show, and a starter pistol for your careers.

I'm going to bug the hell out of you guys...and constantly remind you of my presence. I'd very much like to work on your next film...I'll do it for peanuts. No litterally...OK OK, add some jelly and bread, and I'm fine. But really. Please take a look at my Myspace and the trailers and clips I have up, and consider me for future projects. I take my craft very seriously, have been steadily working on the East Coast on film after film, and plan to move with my actress wife to LA in a year or so...I'll be looking for you guys. (www.myspace.com/m1chaelreed).

Take care, and good luck. I can't wait to see this thing in its entirety.

Last edited:
Thanks M1chae1! You have been so complimentary of our work, and we really appreciate it! Its exciting for us to see people enjoy what we have slaved over the last several years. Thanks again so much for the nice words!

Brooksy: Thanks for the "holy awesome!"...now my phrase of the day! The total cost for the film from concept to completion was about 50k.

Wow. Great project! Such passionate filmmaking should be an insparation for every other filmmaker out there.

Wow! Amazing! It's very clear that you two poured your heart and soul into this film, and that is another thing that will make this film excellent! I hope you all go far, I mean- whyshouldn't you if you're going to be filmmaking like this! Good luck to you all!

Looks real good man, very impressive.
If you want to send me a screener I will gladly review it for you then we can do an interview over it. Let me know.
regardless of your answer, good work man, very good work.

Thanks everyone!

Thom- Thanks! If we can inspire anyone, that would make our day!

Mason- Thanks for really nice words. I hope this film takes us somewhere, but if it doesn't, its already brought me an awesome experience for my life.

TheBuck- We'd be happy to show you the film for a review. We are in the process of getting it setup online. When that's ready to go, we'll let you know. If you could send us your contact info to mail@enigmathemovie.com that would be great!

-Matt

Fantastic work :)

Its a real inspiration to watch that footage, It gives each of us aspiring film makers an example to follow in terms of passion, determination and technical prowess, so thank you.

I have a question,
how long did each stage of the project take? ..........(pre-production, principle photography, post)

thanks

MavenFilmStudio: Thanks for the really nice words. Here's the rundown as far as schedule went...its a little lopsided! haha...

Pre-production: 6 months
Set prep: 3 days
Principle Photography: 6 days
Set Strike: 1 day

6months later:
Pickups: 3 days

Another 6 months:
Pickups: 2 days

Post-production: 4 years..yup.

TheBuck: Got your message! We'll be in touch soon. We are going to have a streaming version of the film soon, But we are having some issues with the sound sync on vimeo...so I'll let you know when we get that worked out.

Back